Monday, August 2, 2010

#24: IPA6

Wanted to get something in the last fermenter today, and after some debate, I decided to find out if I properly harvested the Torpedo IPA yeast from my last IPA. I've been on an English Ale kick of late, so this may be the last IPA for a while, as I have several English ales spec'd out and am anxious to get going on them.

I had some chinook, which is a hop that I haven't used yet but was really interested in using. It is described as "medium, spicy, piney, distinctive grapefruit." Sounds right up my alley. Everything else is a scrap of leftover items from previous brews, including an extra can of ADIPA and a bag o' Booster.

No grains on hand today, so straight to the DME/hop boil, making it a pretty quick brew evening.

Here's the recipe:
IPA6
----
Style: American IPA
Batch: 2.40 galExtract
Characteristics
---------------
Recipe Gravity: 1.056 OG
Recipe Bitterness: 71 IBU
Recipe Color: 10° SRM
Estimated FG: 1.014
Alcohol by Volume: 5.4%
Alcohol by Weight: 4.3%
Ingredients
-----------
Briess LME - Golden Light 1.50 lb, Extract, Extract
MrB. American Devil IPA 1.21 lb, Extract, Extract
MrB. Booster 0.81 lb, Sugar, Other
Chinook 0.33 oz, Pellet, 30 minutes
Simcoe 0.10 oz, Pellet, 30 minutes
Chinook 0.33 oz, Pellet, 20 minutes
Simcoe 0.15 oz, Pellet, 20 minutes
Chinook 0.33 oz, Pellet, 10 minutes
MrB. American Devil IPA 1.00 oz, Pellet, 5 minutes
Torpedo IPA yeast 1.00 unit, Yeast

No comments:

Post a Comment