Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yazoo Fortuitous Day

Today was a Yazoo sort of day.  Started with the "Yazoo Barely a 4K run."  Even though I failed miserably on my "run the whole run" goal (darn those hills... I guess I need to get outside for runs more often instead of sticking to the level, cushioned surfaces of the gym... the hills totally killed me), I was still glad I did the run. My goal is to actually run one all the way through in the Fall as I start to get my fat self back in shape.  Likely the earliest I have popped a beer in many moons, as we were drinking Gerst and Sly Rye at 7:45a before the run and at 10:00 or so after.  Though I didn't win any raffle swag, I got another Yazoo pint glass, a couple plastic Yazoo cups, and a nice Yazoo hoodie.




Later, we moved to the brewery for Fortuitous day.  This link tells the full story behind the brew (go ahead...  I'll wait), and the culmination was a party on the upper deck of the brewery that was coupled with the lottery for chances to buy this limited edition soured imperial smoked porter.  The party ended up being a nice beer swap/share, with lots of great beers available for consumption (Pliny, Founders BS and CBS, Ommegang, Mikkeller, FFF, Bell's, Racer5, and many more... oh, and of course Gerst, Sue, Sly Rye, etc. from the home team).  I provided some FFF, Bell's, and Sun King as my contribution, but I think that the beers I tasted far outweighed my contribution to the party.

Unfortunately I accidentally left my phone in Franklin so I didn't get any pics.  So I instead linked some pics here that others posted:







                                    

My lottery number did not get called (bummer!), but I was able to take home 4 bottles of Fortuitous due to a freind and his wife both hitting their numbers.  One in the fridge, one to be cellared, and a couple to be used to share with friends or swap.  I also took home a bottle of the original soured Sue that lead to this beer and event even happening.





Thanks to Yazoo Brewing Company for a great day all around...

No comments:

Post a Comment