Monday, October 21, 2013

#78 - Czech Pilsner

Need to clear out these Coopers/Mr. B extracts and a few dry yeasts before they expire, so here we go with a super-quick brew day.  This extract comes with ale yeast, but in the contest winnings was also a Saflager S-23 that is near expiration, so we're doing this as a lager. I have about four more of these extracts to burn through, and they make for an unbelievably quick brew day (I did this and #79 back-to-back in about an hour).  Of course, I'm suspecting taste and quality may lack a bit, though I've had decent results thus far with these extracts.

Unfortunate side issue...  dropped my hydrometer.  No readings, but luckily no cut foot.  I guess a trip to the LHBS is in order.  They advertise these as 3.7% ABV, but experience and reading tells me that 3.1% might be the actual target.  RDWHAHB...

Mr. Beer/Coopers Czech Pilsner

Batch 2.13 gal
Extract

Recipe Characteristics

Recipe Gravity 1.032 OG
Estimated FG 1.008 FG
Recipe Bitterness 25 IBU
Alcohol by Volume 3.1%
Recipe Color 2° SRM

Ingredients

1.87 lb Mr. Beer/Coopers Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner Extract
1.00 unit Saflager S-23 Dry Lager Yeast

No comments:

Post a Comment